1. What Personal Information About Customers does shyamsalon.com gather?
- The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Shyam Salon experience.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future improvement for you and more importantly communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses shyamsalon.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of shyamsalon.com on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Shyam Salon or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from shyamsalon.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication settings.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
2. What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as 1-Click purchasing, Recommended for you, personalized advertisements on other Web sites, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
3. Does shyamsalon.com Share the Information it receives?
- Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries Shyam Salon controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses we control: We work closely with affiliated businesses.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages and / or e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not and generally don’t use it for any other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers and when we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication settings.
- Protection of shyamsalon.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of shyamsalon.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. In particular, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
4. How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
5. Which Information Can I Access?
- shyamsalon.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with shyamsalon.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
6. What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such shyamsalon.com features as your profile, wish lists and Customer Reviews.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Settings. If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of shyamsalon.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please adjust your settings.
7. Are Children Allowed to use shyamsalon.com?
- shyamsalon.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by Mariners. If you are under 18, you may use shyamsalon.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
8. Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- If you choose to visit shyamsalon.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of Indian Government.
Related Practices and Information
- You provide most such information when you search, buy, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through shyamsalon.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile ; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire; compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; provide and rate Reviews; and employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in 1-Click settings; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile; and financial information, including but not limited to, Social Security and driver's license numbers.
- Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.